Sunday, January 11, 2009

A new twist on date night

We got a Wii as a family gift for Christmas and love it. Everybody wants their turn. Shortly after Christmas we invested in Wii Fit. Our New Years resolution is to exercise regularly.

If we can get the boys down at a decent hour we sneak down stairs to have a "Wii Fit date". It has been really fun for us to exercise and laugh at each other on a regular basis. This is us supposedly doing the warrior pose. So far neither one of us has lost any weight, but we are sure it is because our excess is being turned into muscle. "Wii" will keep you posted on our progress.

5 comments:

The Austin's said...

Yeah! You updated. Wow the pressure now since both you and mom have updated. I'm so glad you love your Wii. I want Wii Fit really bad but haven't convinced everybody else yet. Tony got Price is Right for Christmas and Kiegan got Rock Band. So we are addicted once again. I miss you! By the way I love your Christmas card. That is the cutest idea ever.

stansburysteels said...

The card was Shawn's idea. He is creative, isn't he? We are hoping to get Guitar Hero II world tour
some time. We have spent enough on games for a while. Besides, we need something to get for Easter (if we last that long)
Tam

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

Way to go. You two look great. Thanks for the incentive. I want a Wii for the games and Wii fit. I can't wait to come and play it with you and check out the excercise. I can't seem to convince Lyle yet but I am certainly working on it. Maybe if I would use our treadmill and excercise bike he would be more willing. What do you think? Well...It is a New Year. Who knows what will happen. It is like me updating our Blog. Surprise surprise.

Penny and the Gang said...

So glad to hear from you! You guys look great! I have also started the year out good too, health and live longer! No smoking and 5 pounds down! Thank to Mark he hates that habit! I think its fit 2009 for alot of us people. I miss ya and hope to hear from you more. I will keep checking in on the progress, I plan on getting a Wii when I get my taxes! the girls are so excited. Love ya and good luck!
Penny

The Steels said...

I loved your story, too funny. Exercising while spending quality time together is a fabulous idea. I too will be keeping up on your progress, then maybe I can convince Darren that we need a wii. Take care and love the boys for us!